What is MBBS??
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, or MBBS, is a professional undergraduate medical science degree.
- This programme is designed for those who desire to pursue their ambition of becoming a doctor.
- Because it is one of the most prestigious degrees in the world, it is a highly competitive programme.
- To gain admission to any of India\’s top MBBS institutes, one must pass the NEET exam with good marks conducted yearly by National Testing Agency (NTA).
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery|
|Eligibility||10+2 with PCB stream|
|Duration of the course||5.5 years with one year of rotational internship|
|Average Fees Incurred||The average MBBS course fee ranges from INR 70,000 – to 21 lakhs per annum|
Why should we opt for it?
- Interest in the medical field
- This course is for students interested in studying the fundamentals of the human body, how it functions, and how to diagnose and cure disorders.
- This course is structured so that it develops a person\’s psychology toward feelings of service and illness in those suffering from various diseases.
2. Diverse Career Scope
- This degree provides numerous work prospects in the medical industry.
- After earning a bachelor\’s degree, one can pursue further schooling or pursue a career as a doctor, surgeon, or physician, or work as a medical representative in any other sector.
Confused about selecting a stream after class 10th? Watch this
What can we do after MBBS?
- Start A Job
- A graduate of MBBS has a wide range of professional options and is highly valued because of their work\’s humanitarian and life-saving nature.
- An MBBS degree allows students to work in the public and private sectors.
- Biomedical firms, medical centres, healthcare institutions, laboratories, emergency departments, community health centres, and private practices have plenty of job openings.
- The MBBS degree allows graduates to prescribe medication, and most participants prefer to pursue a master\’s degree to become well-known physicians in this profession.
- Some job opportunities after MBBS include General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Cardiologist, Neurologist, Psychiatrist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist etc.
2. Pursue Higher Studies
- If you do not want to start a job after pursuing your degree, you can even pursue advanced degrees such as MS, MD, or DNB in any related field.
- Some major specialization areas include General Medicine, General Surgery, Immunology, ENT, Dermatology, Plastic Surgery etc.
- The average salary for MBBS graduate candidates varies gradually.
- The variation may be attributable to the candidate\’s passion and experience in the firm and workplace and the field of employment.
- The following is a salary scale based on experience:
|Experience (in years)||Salary scale from||Salary scale up to|
|0-6 years||3 to 4 lakh per annum||6 to 8 lakh per annum|
|6-12 years||8 to 10 lakh per annum||10 to 12 lakh per annum|
|12-20 years||12 to 15 lakh per annum||15 to 18 lakh per annum|
But how can we get admission to medical colleges??
- A student must take the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to be admitted to an MBBS programme in India (NEET).
- This is the only entrance exam accepted by government and private institutions for admission to an MBBS programme.
- The JIPMER MBBS Exam and the AIIMS MBBS Exam were two additional significant entrance exams for admission to MBBS programmes in India.
- However, these exams were phased out in 2019, making NEET India\’s most important medical entrance exam.
Eligibility & Admission
- Candidates must have passed Science subjects in Class 12/higher secondary/pre-university qualifying examinations, such as Physics, Chemistry, and Zoology/Botany.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old at the time of application.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in India
Here is the list of top 10 medical colleges in India –
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore|
|National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore|
|Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry|
|King George\’s Medical University, Lucknow|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal|
Also Read : Career your way to success! 5 Important Factors.